AlcoholCardUSA is the leader in providing Certified Alcoholic Beverage Awareness Program in the State of Nevada. Our course was developed by Hospitality Industry Professionals, and in cooperation with law enforcement and county officials.
We are Official Providers of the Alcoholic Beverage Awareness Program, certified by the State of Nevada Commission on Postsecondary Education.
STEPS TO GETTING YOUR ALCOHOL CARD:
1) Complete this online course.
2) Take a 20 question exam at our facility & score 75% or above. (This is mandated by State Law)
3) Get your new Alcohol Card! Congrats you are certified for another 4 years throughout the entire State of Nevada.
We are located at: 3585 S. Durango Dr, Suite 103, Las Vegas, NV 89147 (Southwest corner of Durango & Spring Mountain., between McDonald's & Taco Bell)
For more information go to AlcoholCardUSA.com
Our Alcohol Certifications were created with YOU as our priority! Our program is filled with interesting information and organized in a manner that is easy to follow. We are confident that in taking our program you will develop or improve your skills necessary in responding to various alcohol related situations with calm and confidence.
Thank you for taking the time to demonstrate your professionalism and your commitment to the safety of your establishment, fellow co-workers, and guests!
About the instructor
Jerry received his Bachelor of Science in Finance from the University of Nevada Las Vegas in 2001. After working in the hospitality industry at locations such as Bellagio, Wynn Las Vegas, etc. Jerry decided he needed a change of scenery and put his past military experience into use. During Jerry's time in Iraq and Afghanistan, he was in charge of base security in famous locations such as Mosul in Iraq, as well as Lagman & Farah in Afghanistan. Jerry first started instructing techniques of proper biometric enrollment. Later on Jerry started providing weekly classes for the US Embassy in Iraq on Vetting procedures to groups of 50 to 300. Upon returning to Las Vegas Jerry put his plan into action and founded AlcoholCardUSA and GoFingerprint.
- 01. Applicable State and Local Laws Concerning The Selling and Serving of Alcoholic Beverages
- 02. The Federal Government
- 03. Blood Alcohol Level Mandate
- 04. DRAM Shop Liability
- How DRAM Is Different
- Host Liability
- Nevada: Under 21—Social Host Liability
- Ethical and Moral Duty of Care & Responsibility of Sellers and Servers
- SELLING OR SERVING ALCOHOL TO ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 21
- Driving Under the Influence
- Nevada State Gaming Regulations
- Module 1 Practice Questions
- The Clinical Effects Of Alcohol On The Human Body
- WHAT IS ALCOHOL?
- Nevada Revised Statute Definition Of An Alcoholic Beverage.(NRS 202.015)
- Alcohol “PROOF”, what does it mean when referring to alcoholic beverages?
- Alcohol Content
- How does the body absorb alcohol?
- Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC)
- ABSORPTION FACTORS
- Delaying Alcohol Absorption
- Anxiety, Carbonated Alcohol, and Dehydration
- How Ethyl Alcohol is distributed and absorbed into the body
- Size & Body Type
- Men Compared To Women
- Age & Tolerance & Altitude
- Elimination of Ethyl Alcohol
- Volume And Strength of Alcohol Ingested
- Diet & Carbonation
- Alcohol And Other Drugs
- Estimating BAC & Calculation
- Effects of Alcohol on the Body and Mind
- Contributing Factors To Behavioral Effects of Alcohol
- Alcohol Poisoning
- Alcohol Tolerance
- Alcohol and Drugs/Alcohol-Medication Interactions
- Myths About Alcohol
- Module 2 Practice Questions
- Methods of discontinuing service of alcoholic beverages to persons who are identified as intoxicated
- You Are In Charge
- Signs of Intoxication
- Deciding To Serve Or Not To Serve
- Keeping a Daily Log
- Helpful tips and suggestions for servers.
- Helpful tips & suggestions for managers.
- Module 3 & 4 Practice Questions
- Methods of Preventing Alcohol with Minors
- SELLING OR SERVING ALCOHOL TO ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 21.
- ALWAYS CHECK I.D.
- Common Tactics Used by Minors Attempting to Purchase Alcohol
- Diligent Inquiry
- Evaluate The Person’s Behavior, Body Language
- Refusing Service
- Law Enforcement Undercover “Sting” Operation
- Module 6 Practice Questions